Howard Florey 1898-1968
At the turn of the century Dr L.E Good established this clinic at the cnr. of Methuen St and Prospect Rd, Prospect. Later it moved to 67 Prospect Rd, at the premises of Dr G. West and Later Dr T. Finey.
In 1967 due to patient movement and expansion, rooms were established at Para Hills. In 1968 Drs. Finey, Brock and Thornton built our new rooms at 3 Pulsford Rd, Prospect. In 1970 our 3rd surgery was opened at 105 Beovich Rd, Ingle Farm. In 2005 the Para Hills and Ingle Farm locations were closed and combined into a new purpose built facility at Pooraka under the name “Florey Healthcare”.
It was decided to name the practice in honour of the famed South Australian Nobel Prize Winner, Howard Florey, who rediscovered and developed Penicillin quantities suitable for therapeutic use.
- Insurance & Employment Medicals
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Preventative Healthcare
- Lung Function Tests
- Health Assessments
- GP Management Plans
- Antenatal shared care
- Diagnostic & Management of Short Term Chronic Illness
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Australian Clinical Labs
- Sporting Injuries
- Work Related Illness & Injury
- Travel Advice